Tuesday, December 13, 2016

About me

Hi, I'm Phil Lancaster


This blog is about the things I'm passionate about. Following Jesus, loving people, living simply and a bit about art stuff as well.. I don't proclaim to be perfect in any of these areas but as Paul says in the Bible, "forgetting what is behind I strive on..."

I'm married to Nicola and we have 3 grown up children and 1 grand child nearly here.

Professionally, I work for New Zealands largest DIY hardware chain in their plumbing department.

Spiritually, I'm just a normal everyday person who wants to follow Jesus as best I can. I'm not a pastor or teacher or anything like that. I think a lot about the issues facing the world and the church today and this blog is where many of those thoughts see the light of day.

I live in Palmerston North, New Zealand. Despite what John Cleese once said about Palmy, it's a great city to live in. (We got the last laugh anyway. We named a mountain at the local rubbish tip after him.)

To know more about me the following random notes may help.

  1. Skillet are the best band on the planet
  2. Big Bang Theory is the best comedy on TV. (Mrs Browns Boys is a very close second)
  3. New Zealand is the best country in the world to live in
  4. Art, and discussion about it, is lacking in the Church today
  5. Grace is seriously misunderstood and seriously needed in the world today
  6. We rely too much on technology but I'm grateful we have it
  7. Dad jokes are cool (See point 5 😊)
There's lots more I could add. Just ask me if you have any questions.